© Photography by Tim Griffith, Design/ Planning Architect: Perkins+Will
Campus for Research Excellence and Technological Enterprise (CREATE)
An international collaboratory, the Campus for Research Excellence and Technological Enterprise (CREATE) houses research centres set up by top universities. Its modern laboratory design has also won CREATE a Laboratory of the Year award.
At CREATE, researchers from diverse disciplines and backgrounds work closely together to perform cutting-edge research in strategic areas of interest, for translation into practical applications that can lead to positive economic and societal outcomes for Singapore.
Collaborative Interdisciplinary Research
The interdisciplinary research centres at CREATE focus on four areas of interdisciplinary thematic areas of research, namely human systems, energy systems, environmental systems and urban systems.
The universities and institutions with research centres in CREATE that collaborate with Singapore investigators are:
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Technical University of Munich
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- University of California, Berkeley
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Cambridge University
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- French National Centre for Scientific Research