The National Cybersecurity Postgraduate Scholarship (NCPS) is offered jointly by the National Research Foundation (NRF), Prime Minister’s Office, Singapore and Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) under the National Cybersecurity R&D Programme. It is a prestigious scholarship for graduates and working professionals who are keen to contribute and commit to the protection of Singapore’s cyberspace.
Successful scholarship applicants may pursue their Masters (either through coursework or research) and/or Doctoral degrees (i.e. PhD), locally or overseas.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident. Applicants for part-time studies and overseas PhD scholarship must be Singapore citizens;
- Possess a strong interest in a infocomm/cybersecurity as a career; and
- Applicants must satisfy criteria for and seek admission into a full-time/part-time postgraduate cyber security related course in a reputable Singapore or overseas university (for PhD studies only)
Cybersecurity Specialist Postgraduate Scheme
This scheme is applicable to working professionals who have the support of their employers to pursue full time Masters/PhD studies while being a full salaried employee of the company.
Criteria for Company
Companies must meet the following criteria:
- Be based in Singapore;
- Be committed to support applicants for a period of up to 6 years leading to the attainment of a Masters/PhD; and
- Commit to deploy the scholars in cybersecurity related job function for the period of bond upon graduation.
Support for companies from NRF and IMDA:
- Sponsorship for Applicant’s full tuition fees; and
- Partial sponsorship for Applicant’s monthly basic salary (Masters at S$1,500 and PhD at S$3,500).
What does the Scholarship cover?
Successful applicants will be given support for:
Disciplines of Study
The scholarships are tenable at the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Management University, Singapore University of Technology and Design and Singapore Institute of Technology for Masters and Local PhD.
For overseas PhD, the scholarships are tenable at any overseas universities renowned for cybersecurity studies, subjected to the approval of NRF and IMDA.
Upon completion of the Masters and/or PhD programme, scholars will contribute to the cybersecurity field with a Singapore-based company*+ (subject to approval) for a period according to the table below.
* Singapore-based companies refer to public sector organisation, local university, research institutions, local companies and international companies that have a base in Singapore.Singapore-based companies refer to public sector organisation, local university, research institutions, local companies and international companies that have a base in Singapore.
+ Scholars under the Cybersecurity Specialist Postgraduate Scheme (CSPS) must serve their bond with the employer organisation.
Application will open from January to March every year. Interested applicants may email to email@example.com to indicate their interest in applying for the scholarship and to receive notification when application is open.