The GYSS@one-north is a gathering of young scientists and researchers (PhD students and post-docs) from all over the world, with eminent international science and technology leaders ('speakers') in Singapore. It is a multi-disciplinary summit, covering topics ranging from chemistry, physics, medicine, mathematics, computer science and engineering. Speakers invited to the GYSS@one-north are globally recognised scientific leaders, who are recipients of the Nobel Prize, Fields Medal, Millennium Technology Prize, and Turing Award. Read more.
The winners for the GYSS 2021 video contest are, in no particular order:
- Neel Kanth Kundu from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, for his video titled, “Signal Processing for 6G: From Classical to Quantum Communications”.
- Juan Cruz Landoni from the University of Helsinki, for his video titled, “Mitochrondrial Musical (Rap Cover)".
- Nakul Rampal from the University of Cambridge, for his video titled, “MOFs – the LEGO of Chemistry”.
Congratulations to our winners, you have won yourselves a round trip air ticket to Singapore for the 10th anniversary edition of GYSS, taking place next year.
Click here to view the winning entries on NRF YouTube Channel.
The Summit aims to:
- Excite and inspire bright young researchers to apply their minds to research that addresses serious global challenges and future needs of mankind;
- Engage and connect young researchers to like-minded peers as well as eminent scientific leaders through close and personal interaction sessions; and
- Enable participants with a compelling research proposition to take the first steps to bring their ideas to fruition.