NRF is launching a NRF Fellowship for artificial intelligence (AI) to attract and recruit outstanding young researchers from around the world to lead impactful and independent AI research in Singapore.
The Fellowship offers:
- A five-year research grant of up to SGD 3 million, inclusive of general overheads.
- Freedom to lead ground-breaking research in host institution of choice in Singapore1.
- Outstanding researchers of any nationality, in their early stage of their research careers and are ready to take on their independent research, are eligible to apply.
- PhD holders with research experience in AI or AI-related fields.
- Applicant must not be holding an Assistant Professor or equivalent position2 at a local research institutions for more than 1 year at the point of submission (i.e. defined by grant call closing date).
- Applicant must not be at the RSE 3 level and above for more than 1 year at the point of submission (for A*STAR applicants).
- Applicant must not be a recipient of a similar early career award in Singapore.
Applications should be submitted through the Integrated Grant Management System (IGMS). Applicants are also expected to upload a Letter of Support by the Faculty Dean / Head of Department or equivalent from their host institution of choice. This Letter of Support describes the level of commitment the host institution would provide to the candidate, contingent on their successful award.
Applicants must also arrange to have at least three but no more than five letters of reference submitted to NRF on their behalf. These letters should be sent confidentially by your referees directly via email to the National Research Foundation, Singapore at SDE_secretariat@nrf.gov.sg (paper copies will not be accepted). The referral letters should include assessment on your leadership potential, ability to independently carry out impactful research, and personal attributes.
Application has closed on 19 December 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be invited by NRF to Singapore for the final interview in March 2019.
Host Institutions in Singapore
|National University of Singapore (NUS)||Professor Chen Tsuhan at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
||Professor Michael Khor at MKAKHOR@ntu.edu.sg
|Singapore Management University (SMU)||Professor Robert Deng at email@example.com|
|Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
||Andy Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Tan Chun Chia at email@example.com
|Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
||Dr Ei-Leen Tan at Tan_Ei-Leen@hq.a-star.edu.sg
Elizabeth Liau at Elizabeth_Liau@hq.a-star.edu.sg
1The award is contingent on the awardee taking on a full time appointment in an eligible host institution in Singapore.
2Equivalent position includes lecturers, research assistant professors and adjunct professors holding non-tenured position.